Our client has been offering care and support to local people who are affected by a life-limiting illness since 1984. They now care for around 3,000 people every year, offering specialist care, while supporting the whole family throughout these toughest of times
What is the purpose of the role?
To provide a high quality 365-day catering and hospitality food preparation service
What will you do?
- Undertake the preparation, cooking and serving of breakfast, lunch, tea, snacks, cakes, buffets and sandwiches to agreed standards at agreed times according to shift pattern
- Cater for special dietary requirements as required ensuring the specific individual needs of patients are met
- Work from standardised recipes due to nutritional analysis
- Ensure food being served meets quality, quantity and presentation guidelines
- To prepare and present platters and buffets for internal and external customers as required
- To undertake in the high-volume food production for external retail sales
- Work closely with clinical staff to ensure patients medical and cultural requirements are catered for as well as engaging direct with patients on their meal choices
- To support and develop the commercial side of the Café, including at external events
- Ensure all food safety documentation is fully completed and comply with all food safety procedures
- Undertake cleaning of kitchen, areas and equipment according to cleaning schedules ensuring correctly documented
What skills and experience will you have?
- Experience of working in a fast-paced catering establishment
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Food Preparation and Cookery or equivalent qualification
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent qualification
What will you get in return?
- Car Park
- Salary will be £19,085 pro rata
- Working hour are 31.5hrs per week – three week rolling shift pattern including two in three weekends