We are working exclusively with our client who manufacture at their site in Pottington. They are experts in their field and their brands boast exceptional British quality. The company is now in their thirteenth year of trading. As well as investing in the latest manufacturing systems, they have an extensive R&D centre focused on continued product development and product testing to the latest European standards
What is the purpose of the role?
To generate, in agreement with all parts of the organisation, a plan for product families or facilities within areas of responsibility, that are achievable and that meet business objectives.
What will you do?
- Carry out scheduling to ensure the plants can meet customer requirements
- Translate the output of the long-term plan into an achievable weekly business
- Translate the short-term plan into the daily schedule, to meet the overall planning objectives.
- Ensure the integrity of the plan for allocated sections once produced, to prevent deviation from it.
- To interpret customer’s requests, for LCP sections via orders, quotes and MRP outputs with aim of developing them into a plan to meet the overall business requirement.
- Monitor the ‘in process’ manufacturing schedule.
- Monthly stock reporting and forecasting
- Produce planning reports i.e. factory load report, and analyse as necessary.
- Forecast entry including stock provisions
- Liaison with the Purchasing Department in relation to the procurement of materials
- Liaison with the Customer Service Department in respect of customer orders, deliveries
- Liaison with Manufacturing with regard to schedules and.
- To identify and lay down priorities.
- Attain best practice planning methods.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Able to schedule work utilising ERP/MRP system.
- Be organised and methodical
- Have excellent communication skills and able to converse with all areas of the business.
What will you get in return?
- Free Parking
- 25 Days Holiday + BH
Monday to Thursday 7.30 – 16.30 and Friday 7.30 – 12.30